Terms and Conditions
1) Controller Design Lab offers a 14-day money back guarantee on all products starting from the day the item is delivered. During this period if you are unhappy with the product then you are able to return it for a full refund. Postage costs will not be reimbursed. The item must be returned in all original packaging. CDL must be notified before the end of the period so we can authorise your return. If the controller is not in its original packaging or the customer notifies CDL after the 14 days then your refund request will be refused. All ‘controller builder’ orders are not eligible to be cancelled or returned for a refund due to them being bespoke products.
2) All products sold by Controller Design Lab come with 12 months mechanical warranty and 3 month design warranty; this is issued and covered by Controller Design Lab. If the warranty sticker is removed or damaged then your warranty is void. This warranty covers the functionality of the controller and does not cover general wear and tear.
A: Warranty is not transferable to third parties.
B: The warranty will only be honoured if the controller is bought directly from us
C: Repairs are guaranteed for three months, from date of receipt, or to the end of the 1 year warranty; whichever is the longest
3) The warranty does not cover damage caused by human error and/or accidental damage. Quotes can be provided for repairs.
4) All controllers manufactured by Controller Design Lab are tested using only official Microsoft/Sony headsets and accessories. Controller Design Lab cannot be held liable for any 3rd party/non official headsets or accessories not working with a controller. If a customer wishes to return a controller because of such a fault, the return will be denied. Please ensure your third party headset/accessory is compatible with the same version of controller you are wishing to purchase.
5) The customer must always pay the return postage costs unless the wrong item has been received, In which case the customer will be issued with a pre-paid postage label.
6) The delivery service that the customer paid for their original order is a non refundable service if the product has been shipped and the service exhausted.
7) When returning an item the customer must use a fully insured and trackable delivery service. If the customer uses an alternative method then Controller Design LAb will not reimburse postage costs if eligible.
8) If a fault occurs with the controller within the first 14 days then the customer must pay for the return postage charge and must use a insured and trackable delivery service. Once the controller arrives to Controller Design Lab, the controller will be tested and if the fault is evident then all postage costs can be refunded. .
9) For faulty items if Controller Design Lab are notified after the 14-day return period or when the controller is received by Controller Design LAb and no fault is found then the refund of postage costs will be refused.
10) All controllers are hand made and manufactured to order, therefore the advised delivery time starts from when the products have been manufactured.
11) During busy periods Controller Design Lab reserve the right to extend delivery times to ensure a high quality control standard is achieved. During the months of November, December & January we get extremely busy and thus hold the rights to extend delivery times. All orders placed prior to a specified date on the Controller Design Lab homepage will be dispatched before Christmas unless stated in the product description.
12) All controllers are designed and manufactured by Controller Design Lab.
13) Controller Design Lab cannot guarantee any order to arrive in time for Christmas if the item is ordered after the advised cut off date. This date can change year on year but will always be clearly stated on our website before an order is placed.
14) If due to any unforeseen error and we cannot fulfil your order in time for Christmas, the customer will be entitled to any other available design on the same platform at the same value or eligible for a full refund. In these circumstances our custom service team will notify the customer. Compensation cannot be given in this occurrence.
15) If a Repair or Replacement is requested then please allow 7 working days after either the receipt of the controller additional information has being requested, regarding the reported fault, and received, Failure to provide sufficient information may impact the process time of your request.
16) Please note that Controller Design Lab, dependent upon the fault found, reserve the right to either repair or replace the controller.
17) If after investigation no fault is found the Customer is responsible for the postage costs associated with the return of the controller and may also be charged the inspection/administration fee to up to, but not exceeding, £25.
In cooperation with Klarna Bank AB (publ), Sveavägen 46, 111 34 Stockholm, Sweden, we offer you the following payment options. Payment is to be made to Klarna:
- Pay in 3
- Pay Later
Further information and Klarna’s user terms you can find here. General information on Klarna can be found here. Your personal data is handled in accordance with applicable data protection law and in accordance with the information in Klarnas privacy statement.